Today I finally started silkscreening on the panels. It’s about time!
Had to improvise an attachment to the panel so I can print right off the edge… should have used a lighter wood…
Here goes nothing! It’s daunting and a little exhilarating that all those weeks of preparation comes down to a
single pull of the squeegee…
Well hello there – not too shabby! (I didn’t weigh down the other end of the panel properly and nearly flipped it
over as I pushed down with the squeegee, but even so this pull turned out okay. A promising start.)
As I suspected, registration was a bitch. It probably took me an hour to get screen #3 in place, and then it shifted
slightly during the print. (FFFFFFFFFFFFF!) These hinge clamps have served me well, but it may be time for
them to retire…
It’s not perfect – I’ll need to touch up a bunch of places – but it’s gonna work. Up next: COLORS!